Doing Chubby Cartwheels


Afternoon Lovelies!

I am so excited to be writing this review and showing off my awesome Chubby Cartwheels leggings. I am even more pleased that I've actually got some decent pics to show them off as I had an unsuspecting victim on hand today whom I made suffer my ridic posing and take my pictures.

About a month ago I received an email which made my day. Shawna whom owns and runs Chubby Cartwheels dropped me a message asking me if I would like to choose something from her store to review, this for me was an honour.

I have known Shawna for a number of years now, whenever we would talk on messengers etc it would always be about clothes and fashion as it's something we both get super excited about. When Shawna told me she was going to start sewing and making clothes I had serious admiration as it is something that I have always wanted to do. Over the years she would show me pictures of her work and outfits she would make for herself and I would be in such awe that she was able to create awesome bespoke pieces for herself. I would regularly give her the 'girl, when are you gonna make some shiz for me?!'.

Well, finally the time came and I couldn't be more thrilled for her that her labour of love Chubby Cartwheels is up and running and becoming a real gem within the plus size world. I couldn't be more thankful that there are girls like Shawna out there whom are willing to follow their dreams, take the plunge and design for us!

I chose to own a pair of 'Classic Leopard Leggings', you know me, if there is animal print involved then I'm all over it. When they arrived they were packaged so beautifully but I was just so excited I tore them open, so no pics, sorry! They are silky soft, and fit perfectly. I ordered a size 24 from her website and I even mentioned to her that I tend to have slimmer ankles to the rest of my leg and she was happy to let me take a measurement so she could tailor the item to fit correctly, so no ankle gapage! YAY!

I dressed them up yesterday for a Nando's and cinema date to finally watch The Hunger Games. When I wear leopard print, I tend to dress it quite hard, you know, lots of blacks and dark colours but I wanted to lighten it this time around to match the nice light spring weather, and anyway, here's what I wore.....


Classic Leopard Leggings - Chubby Cartwheels
White Vest Top - H&M+
Cardigan - Primark
Skull Scarf - Primark
Metallic Open Toe Flats - H&M
'Tinkerbell' Necklace - Superdrug

Ridiculous Posing - Born this way

I also slicked my nails with some Models Own 'Indian Ocean', stunning colour but about 6 coats needed to get a good shimmery look, great eye-catching summery polish though...

Shawna's clothes are fantastic, and scream 'I don't give a fuck if I'm fat, ima wear you anyway!' and that is what I love, not only are the clothes made by a fellow fatty whom understands what us other fat girls want they are unashamedly in your face and full of attitude and I absolutely cannot wait to see what else comes from Chubby Cartwheels in the future. Also check out her blog, When In Doubt Wear Purple.

Go check her out NOW!

Big Love
xoxox

Labels: , , , , , ,