Summer Style Trials - One Stop Plus

 
Evenin' lovelies!

I was contacted by online plus size retailer OneStopPlus not too long ago asking me if I would like to take part in a summer style challenge, whereby 5 bloggers were asked to spend £100 on items from their Spring/Summer 2012 collection and create an outfit.

Now, I'm going to be honest, I'm not a massive 'trend' follower, I'm one of those people that just kinda likes what they like, I'm more of a 'trend dabbler' or a pick 'n' mixer. I very often start off with a basic piece and kinda build around it, once I am set on one item I get more and more inspired and it just kinda ends up as whatever it is rather than loads and loads of integral planning and trend watching. I also love items that I can wear over and over and over again, regardless of what 'trend' is going on at that particular time.

So, after having a nosey around the OSP site I chose a very basic black, cotton dress and from there my outfit turned into this...

Black Cotton Dress - Ellos @ OneStopPlus (UK 28/30)
Denim Jacket - Ellos @ OneStopPlus (UK 30)
Ikat Print Scarf - OneStopPlus
Black Suede Satchel - OneStopPlus (no longer available)

...and once it was all placed on my perfectly plus sized frame it looked like this...


 


 
  Belt - New Look Inspire (part of another dress)
Rose Gold Peeptoe Flats - H&M
Leather Gold Leaf Earrings - Gift

So there it is! My outfit with a little infusion of the tribal print trend. As soon as I saw that Ikat print scarf  I knew I needed it, I am a scarf fanatic and I literally cannot leave the house without one. I like versatility in outfits, so by using accessories like a printed scarf you can take on a trend without having to go the whole hog and spending a fortune on something that may not be too hot the next season! When I think of summer I am instantly drawn to brights and opulence, so I tied the outfit together with the earrings, belt and shoes. The denim jacket? Well, denim never goes out of style does it really, a great piece which will last season, after season, after season, and of course, seems as though we are in the UK so a jacket is essential, summer or no summer!


But I took my outfit one step further, naughty? A little maybe (don't disqualify me! lol), but like I said, I am all about versatility and getting maximum wearage out of items, I also know that money's too tight to mention for a lot of us currently so being able to re-work key pieces is really helpful to get the most from your wardrobe. This little bargainous (now under 10 quid) dress can take you straight through from summer to your autumn/winter wardrobe, or can be used as a great little outfit for the office. I threw it on with some coloured tights, patent black flats, printed cardigan, switched up the belt and popped on my peter pan pearl collar and had another look (which I rather like!).



All of the items used in this challenge are now on sale over at OSP and I can guarantee that all of them will not only get you through our last ebb's of whatever summer we are supposedly having but will be able to be worked right through the autumn/winter months so you can get the most out of them for minimum cost!

Anyway I hope you liked my little attempt at this OneStopPlus challenge, enough of my babbling now, go and check out the other ladies whom have taken part...

Em of 'Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Rosie of 'a rose like this'
Georgina of 'Cupcakes Clothes'
Tessa of 'Fashion Resister to Fashionista'

Big Love!
xoxoxox

Labels: , , , , , , , ,